The Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP) recognizes small employers who have developed and implemented an outstanding safety and health program. The SHARP recognition sets employers apart from their peers as a model for worksite safety and health. Companies with SHARP recognition are exempted from programmed OSHA inspections for the year the certification is valid.
To participate in SHARP, you must:
1. Request a consultation visit that involves a complete hazard identification survey;
2. Involve employees in the consultation process;
3. Correct all hazards identified by the consultant;
4. Implement and maintain a safety and health management system that, at a minimum, addresses OSHA's 1989 Safety and Health Program Management Guidelines;
5. Lower your company's Days Away, Restricted, or Transferred (DART) rate and Total Recordable Case (TRC) rate below the national average; and
6. Agree to notify your state Consultation Project Office prior to making any changes in the working conditions or introducing new hazards into the workplace.
Sharp Program Success Stories