RFA (Wage Complaint) Process

Before the Division of Labor may conduct a wage payment and collection investigation, an employee must file a Request for Assistance (RFA). Employees may file an RFA by printing and completing a paper RFA form or by completing the electronic version of the form that’s available on our website. Both options are available for your use below. Before you file, you might also want to review the information we provide titled “Wage Claim Authority & Referral Information”, which explains the types of complaints we have the authority to investigate. You should also review our information relating to the “Wage Complaint Process”, before filing in order to avoid some common mistakes employees, or former employees, make when completing their RFA.

RFA Form
RFA Online Submission
Wage Claim Authority & Referral Information
Wage Complaint Process

1900 Kanawha Boulevard East | State Capitol Complex - Building 3, Room 200 | Charleston, WV 25305
Ph: (304) 558-7890